1. What is Texas Police Association?
Texas Police Association, organized in Fort Worth on March 6, 1895, is the oldest law enforcement organization of its type in the state. Represented in its membership are officers from municipal police departments, sheriff's departments, constable's offices, the Department of Public Safety, federal agencies and others.
2. Who can become a member of Texas Police Association?
Any law abiding citizen, student, corporation and law enforcement official can become a member of TPA. Membership prices and benefits vary according to membership type. Please see Become a Member for more details.
3. How does Texas Police Association strive to upgrade the efficiency and professional status of all law enforcement officers?
TPA provides all law enforcement officers opportunties for professional and personal growth through Training, Ethics, Professional Association, and Information Sharing.
4. How does Texas Police Association raise funds for its programs?
TPA raises funds through membership dues, donations and grants.
5. How can I help Texas Police Association in it's mission?
You may make a direct donation to TPA, join the association as a member, sponsor or participate in events, and/or purchase official TPA merchandise through our online store.
6. Is my donation and/or membership tax deductible?
Donations to TPA are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Currently the Associate and Sustaining Memberships are the only tax deductible memberships.
7. Is Texas Police Association on Facebook and Twitter?
Yes and we would love for you to join us! Click the Facebook and Twitter icons on the Homepage to access our Facebook page and Twitter feed.
8. Is Texas Police Association active in political activity on behalf of its membership?
No. TPA strives to keep its membership informed of topical issues pertaining to the field of law enforcement but does not actively lobby nor employ lobbyists for political purposes.
9. Does Texas Police Association maintain an office and/or staff?
Yes. The Texas Police Association office is located at 314 East Highland Mall Boulevard, Austin TX 78752. It is staffed Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM
10. Can I advertise on the Texas Police Association web site?
Yes. Please visit our Support page and select Advertising for rates and information.